Wednesday, May 7, 2008

IRON MAN


Last night karla (my sister) and I met up in the city to have some diner and drinks. We had diner @ one of our fav spots down town. Yuca Bar ( 7th and ave A) we love love love this spot. The food is amazing. After diner we went to the movies to see IRON MAN. When i first saw the trailer to this movie i wasn't to interested. I didn't think Robert Downey Jr. was a great match to be Iron Man. I'm not a big comic book person but growing up with only boy cousin's and not too many girl friends in school i didn't have a choice but to seat around listening to the guys read comic books. I got to learn many characters and super hero's because of this. Now, about the movie, i deff recommend you see it if you haven't yet. To my surprise Downey Jr. played the part really good. IF U HAVEN'T SEEN THE MOVIE STOP READING....
My mild complaint about the movie is about the hole that Tony Stark has in his chest. I assumed the piece was stuck on the outside of his chest to pull the shrapnel away from his heart. Later, however, we see that Stark has a somewhat deep hole in his chest. WTF??? When did that happen? Also, you would think that if anyone was capable of making a large hole in his chest without interfering with his lungs and other vital organs, maybe they would be able to actually remove the pieces of shrapnel which pose such a danger to his heart? But then again its only fiction, anything goes.
xoxo